Monday, January 8, 2018

Mystery Quilt Update

While I am not nearly as far along as many other participants, I did finally manage to finish all of the half chevrons this weekend.  I nearly have all the pieces and parts assembled now.  I did end up having to add a couple of other fat quarters of tan into the mix due to all my cutting blunders early on. Hopefully I will come up with a project for all the mis-cut 2" tan squares somewhere down the line!


I was able to get a couple more blocks together so I could get a look at how it will all come together.  I made four blocks but realized I turned the corners the wrong way on one of them so it will have to be corrected.  It makes a really nice looking block that way too!  I had a lot of trouble getting the chevrons going the right direction just in this little bit I layed out so I now completely understand what people have been posting about it being really challenging to keep everything straight. I really love how the colors turned out.


I spent a little time doing some Slow Sunday Stitching on my clamshells last night.  I am half way through sewing the last rown on this panel - only a couple of clams left to go and then I can move on to the next one. I have been trying to use my "Lap App" when I work on this one. I know that everyone loves them but I am still not sold on it....


Head over to Kathy's blog to see how others spent their first Slow Stitching Sunday of 2018 and to the final Mystery Monday Link-Up on Bonnie's blog to see all the fantastic progress and fabulous variations of On Ringo Lake. There are some incredibly creative quilters in the mix - some of the alternate settings and colors make me want to do this one again! 

7 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

So cute how you arranged them in a heart shape!

Denise T said...

like your colors, the dark color is the stand out in your quilt

Suzanne said...

The clam quilt, as well as your other projects, as wonderful.

Susie H said...

Your Ringo Lake looks gorgeous. Love the colors, very serene. Can't believe how many parts to it you have done ... I'm not worthy! hahaha! The Clam Shells are really coming along!

moosecraft said...

Love the colors in your mystery quilt! That green really pops!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your mystery quilt looks great. Love the heart shape!

Monica said...

Yes, I love that heart shape too! You could stop right there. :D